1 INTERNAL COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
Moorhead Savage Ltd (here to referred to as Moorhead Savage within this internal complaints handling procedure document).
The majority of complaints can be resolved informally and swiftly by discussing your issue with a member of the team here at Moorhead Savage. We would always encourage you to discuss your concerns with one of our members of staff in the first instance as many complaints can be resolved speedily to everyone’s satisfaction and we would always see this as your first port of call.
If after discussing any issues and concerns, you still remain dissatisfied then you can make a formal complaint by telephone or by writing to our Complaints Officer Moorhead Savage Limted, Moorgate Crofts Business Centre, South Grove. Rotherham S60 2DH. We follow the complaints handling process that the Financial Ombudsman Service has in place.
1.1 COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURES.
Moorhead Savage has in place and operates an appropriate and effective internal complaints handling procedure (this is also available in writing) for handling any expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, and whether justified or not, from or on behalf of a complainant about Moorhead Savage.
1.1.1 THE PROCEDURE.
The internal complaints handling procedure makes provisions for:
- a) a complainant to make a complaint by any reasonable means i.e. telephone, letter, email or in person.
- b) any complaints made against Moorhead Savage will be investigated by a person of sufficient competence who, wherever possible, was not directly involved in the matter, which is the subject of the complaint.
- c) the person charged with responding to complaints will have sufficient seniority and authority to settle such complaints (including the offering of redress where appropriate) or to have ready access to someone who has the necessary seniority and authority and;
- d) responses to complaints to address adequately the subject matter of the complaint and, where the complaint is upheld, to offer redress.
1.1.2 TIMESCALE FOR DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS.
Moorhead Savage may decline to consider a complaint that is made more than six months after the complainant became aware of the cause of the complaint.
Moorhead Savage will send a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within 5 business days of receipt, giving the name or job title of the individual handling the complaint on behalf of Moorhead Savage, together with details of Moorhead Savage internal complaint handling procedure.
Moorhead Savage will, within four weeks of receiving a complaint, sent to the complainant either;
- a) a final response or
- b) a holding response, which explains why it is not yet in position to resolve the complaint and indicating when Moorhead Savage will make further contact. In any event, this contact would be made within eight weeks of receipt of the complaint.
Moorhead Savage undertakes, by the end of eight weeks after its receipt of a complaint to, send the complainant, either;
- a) a final response; or
- b) a response which:
- a. explains that Moorhead Savage is not in position to make a final response and give reasons for the further delay indicating when the business expects to be able to provide a final response;
- b. and inform the complainant that he or she may refer the handling of the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Services Regulator if dissatisfied with the delay.
1.1.3 PROVIDING REDRESS.
Moorhead Savage in deciding whether redress is appropriate or not will provide the complainant with fair compensation for any act or emissions for which it was responsible and comply with any offer of redress, which the complainant accepts.
Appropriate redress will not always and inevitably not involve financial redress. It may involve an apology, an offer to redo the work or the refund of a fee. Where financial redress is deemed appropriate, it may include a reasonable rate of interest.
1.1.4 REFERENCE TO THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE OR INSOLVENCY SERVICE
In making a final response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, Moorhead Savage will indicate to any complainant that if he or she is not satisfied with the outcome he or she may refer the handling of the complaint to the Insolvency Service or Financial Services Ombudsman. Moorhead Savage undertakes to supply the complainant with the address, telephone number and the email address of the regulator.
1.1.5 RECORD KEEPING
Moorhead Savage will maintain records and provide details of all complaints to the regulator on request.
- Our Contact Details Are:
Moorhead Savage Limited
Moorgate Crofts Business Centre
Tel: (01709) 331300
- The address for the Financial Ombudsman Service is:
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
- The Insolvency Service Complaints Gateway
- The Insolvency Complaints Gateway is filtered by the Insolvency Service and, if appropriate, will be passed on to the Insolvency Practitioner’s authorising body for further consideration. The authorising body will then consider the complaint under its normal procedures. Further information is contained on The Insolvency Service website, a link to which is below.
Insolvency Enquiry Line
Telephone: 0300 678 0015
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Find out about call charges